Help With Corporate Response:
We are launching a coordinate effort on the Corporate response to floods in Pakistan. The objective is to have corporations do one or more of the following:
- Make a donation towards flood relief efforts
- Set up a separate employee donation matching limit for employee donations towards relief efforts
- Send a Corporate Broadcast to all employees to raise awareness
If you workÂ at one of the S&P 500 companies specifically or any other company with 100+ employees andÂ can help in handling communication within your company,Â please join the following Google group:
Subscribe to Corporate Response to Floods in Pakistan
Please sign up even if your company has already launched some initiative towards flood relief.Â It is equally important to establish a permanent company representative base and learn from others experience.
You can also help by just providing information about Corporate Response of a specific company.Â Please add information about matching details of your company on:
- the flood relief wiki
- Wikipedia Page on Floods in Pakistan.
If for some reason you prefer not to join the group, you can use thisÂ Corporate Response Guide to start the initiative at your company.
Here is a high level presentation on Corporate Response Initiative.
More on the Corporate Response Initiative:
We want to coordinate this effort across different companies by coming up with a common strategy and a common message to approach Corporate Giving.Â The right approach can increase the odds of getting a positive response from Corporate Giving. In addition to working with Corporate Giving, the company representatives can help raise awareness about a natural disaster.
- Potentially huge financial help towards relief efforts. As an example just two companies (Google and BMO financial group) have donated $350 k towards flood relief. Here is what the Corporations did for the 2005 Earthquake.
- Right communication and lobbying can make a big difference in Corporation’s decision to do something towards relief efforts.
- Raising awareness within the company. People tend to donate if the Corporation endorses a cause by sending a Corporate Broadcast or if a fellow employee informs them about a disaster.
- Establishing relationship with Corporate Giving, a processes and a network for any future events.
Help Spread the Word:
Join the facebook page about floods in Pakistan and spread the word.