“I will never forget the destruction and suffering I have witnessed today. In the past I have witnessed many natural disasters around the world, but nothing like this.” â€“ Ban Ki-Moon, UN Secretary General.
If Not Us, Who?
If Not Now, When?
Join us on Sunday August 29th, at an Iftar and Dinner Gathering as we raise funds for and awareness of the plight of 20 million Pakistanis affected by the worst floods in the history of our nation.
This event is sponsored and supported by Bay Area Organizations including OPEN SV, SA Relief, APPNA, Mashal, TCF, DIL, HDF, Your DIL, PACC, and SV-PAK.
- 100% of your donations (with NO deduction for event costs) will benefit a relief organization of your choice from the following:
- Relief International [check payable to”Relief International”]
- Islamic Relief [check payable to”Islamic Relief”]
- APPNA [check payable to”APPNA”]
- American Red Cross [check payable to “American Red Cross”]
- The Citizens Foundation [Check payable to “TCF”]
- Hidaya Foundation [check payable to “Hidaya”]
- HumanityFirst [check payable to “HumanityFirst”
- Developments in literacy (DIL) [check payable to “Developments In Literacy”]
- Human Development Fund (HDF) [Check payable to “Human Development Fund”]
All cheques will be payable directly to the organization you choose. On the check’s memo line, write: “ATTN: Pakistan Flood Relief”
You can also donate online to one of the four charities (specifying, “Pak Flood Relief” as your casue). Email us that receipt and your table/seat will be reserved.
Corporate Donation Matching Program: If your company has a dollar match for donations, you can fully use this program in purchasing tables or seats as well as in day of event donations, since all donations are to be made directly to charities listed above (and one or more of which will be in your company’s approved list).
Date: Sunday August 29th, 2010; 7:30pm â€“ 10:00pm
Location: Computer History Museum
1401 North Shoreline Boulevard
Mountain View, CA 94043
(650) 810-1010 [Map It]
Hosts and Donors:
We invite you to join the Host Committee by commiting to host a table:
Patron Table: $5000 and higher
Sponsor Table: $2000
If you cannot host a table, we would still love to have you as an individual donor:
Individual Donor Seats: $50, $100
- Children 11 and older may attend on a paid seat alongside parents.
- Babysitting services are being planned at $15 per child for the evening for children 3 years – 12 years old
- All babysitting payments will be donated to Flood Relief by our wonderful volunteers. We will finalize this by Monday August 23 after which we will accept reservations.
Patrons: Rehan & Mariam Jalil, Haroon & Reema Khan, Zia and Paru Yusuf, Ayesha & Omar Khan, Shameela & Hasan Rizvi, Raghib Hussain, Safwan & Ginni, The Lodhi Family, Faysal Sohail, Johnson & Johnson
Sponsors: Danyal & Khadija Mirza, Malika & Junaid Qureshi, Salima & Naeem Wahab, Raffia & Aamir Jamil, Bonnie & Usman Sheikh, Nahid & Kamal Ahmed, Zakia Rahman, Idris Kothari, Nayela & Shuja Keen, , Mariam & Rehan Jalil, Zareen & Umair Khan, Zia Syed, Nadir Ali, Irum & Bilal Musharraf, Salma & Dilawar Syed, Qualcomm Employees, Ellahie & Farouqui, Faisal & Sadia Chughtai, Asghar Aboobaker, VSI, Central Asia Institute, Anonymous Benefactors.
Sponsors, Supporters, Organizers:
- Individuals: Moazzam Chaudry, Idris Kothari, Razi Mohiuddin, Javed Khan, Omar Khan, Zain Jewanjee, Rehan Jalil, Hasan Rizvi, Raghib Hussain, Amra Tareen, Paru & Zia Yusuf, Safwan Shah, Umair Khan, AR Rafiq, Sarim Siddiqui, Usman Sheikh, Fawad Zakariya, Aurangzeb Agha, Zia Syed, Shuja Keen, Faisal Haque, Adil Haque, Bilal Musharraf, Imran Khan, Haroon Khan, Mobashar Yazdani, Faisal Haq
- Organizations: OPEN SV, SA Relief, APPNA, Mashal, TCF, DIL, HDF, Your DIL, PACC, SV-PAK, Shalimar Restaurant
For questions call Â or email:
Umair Khan (510) 377 4457 email@example.com
Moazzam Chaudry (408) 480 0119 firstname.lastname@example.org